OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management is to provide learners with the skills and understanding in risk management that align with good strategic decision making to maintain organisations’ competitive advantage.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management programme provides an in-depth understanding of risk and their application in practice both for financial and non-financial organisations.
Learners will learn both theoretical and practical understanding of risk including risk measurement and modelling.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management qualification enables learners to progress into or within employment and/or to work toward a relevant Master’s programme with advanced standing.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management qualification consists of 6 mandatory units for a combined total of 120 credits.
- Principles of Risk Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Risk Management (20 credits)
- Responsible Leadership and Governance (20 credits)
- Organisational and Environmental Risk (20 credits)
- Risk Analysis and Modelling (20 credits)
- Advanced Research Methods (20 credits)
Assessment and Progression
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the M-Gibes College of Business & Management, UK and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
On successful completion of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Risk Management qualification, learners are eligible to progress to a MSc in Risk Management (top-up) programme with advanced standing with many universities in the UK and overseas.