OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership
The objective of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification is to develop strategic management and leadership skills for managers who have the authority and personal attributes to translate organisational strategy into effective operational performance. This qualification reflects current practice in Strategic Management and Leadership and allows learners to develop and expand their high-level understanding of strategic management and leadership in the workplace. This qualification is suitable for mature learners with a background in academic study or industry. The qualification has a clear work-related emphasis on practical skills development alongside theoretical fundamentals.
Successful completion of the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification will equip learners with the key skills and capabilities to become an effective strategic manager. The qualification also allows learners to progress into or within employment and/or continue their study towards an MBA with advanced standing.
For entry onto the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification, learners must possess:
- An honours degree in a related subject or UK level 6 diploma or an equivalent overseas qualification
- Mature learners with management experience (learners must check with the delivery centre regarding this experience prior to registering for the programme)
- Learners must be 21 years or older at the beginning of the course
- English requirements: If a learner is not from a majority English-speaking country must provide evidence of English language competency.
The OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership consists of 4 mandatory units and 2 optional units, making a combined total of 120 credits.
- Strategic Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Leadership (20 credits)
- Strategic Human Resource Management (20 credits)
- Advanced Business Research Methods (20 credits)
Optional units: Choose any TWO
- Strategic Financial Management (20 credits)
- Supply Chain and Operations Management (20 credits)
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation (20 credits)
- Globalisation and Corporate Governance (20 credits)
- Strategic Change Management (20 credits)
- Strategic Marketing (20 credits)
Assessment and Progression
All units within this qualification are internally assessed by the M-Gibes College of Business & Management, UK and externally verified by OTHM. The qualifications are criterion referenced, based on the achievement of all the specified learning outcomes.
On successful completion of the OTHM Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and Leadership qualification, learners are eligible to progress to a Master of Business Administration (MBA) (top-up) programme with advanced standing with many universities in the UK and overseas.